Outdoor Activity Instructor Apprentice
Job Role Summary
As an Outdoor Activity Instructor Apprentice, you will be part of a vibrant team and trained in a variety of activities. You will be guided through Rockley's operating standards and given instruction on how to deliver sessions to meet the requirements of the Level 3 Outdoor Activity Instructor. You will benefit from training at all three of Rockley's Dorset-based centres.
Apprentices here will specialise in a wide range of activities, covering both watersports and land based activities. Training will cover all of the activities we offer at Rockley - this will include: sailing, windsurfing, paddlesports, powerboating, mountain biking, walking, climbing and many more.
Alongside in-house training, you will also gain national governing body qualifications, complete the RYA First Aid and Safeguarding courses and after a full Rockley Staff Induction, you’ll be good to go!
Due to the nature of these activities, apprentices are not required to have any previous experience in these activities as full training will be provided.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 3RD MAY 2024
Why the Rockley Apprenticeship?
- Ranked 28th among the top 50 SME Apprenticeship Employers in the country!
- An amazing experience and a chance to make memories and friendships that will last a lifetime
- A unique apprenticeship, mixing education with work, new adventures and life skills
- An opportunity to earn while you learn and then an ability to put that learning in to action in a supportive environment
- The chance to gain lots of extra qualifications and training, specifically the Level 3 Outdoor Activity Instructor which is equivalent to 2 A-Levels
- A chance to develop your practical ability in a range of activities and work towards instructor qualifications
- An opportunity that is varied, rewarding, fulfilling and outside
- 13 month Programme
- Onsite Training
- Dynamic role
- Food included during season
- Accommodation Included
- Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Provide a high standard of instruction to all students within the group
- Instruct a variety of activities under the supervision of the Senior Team
- Deliver some evening entertainment activities as directed by the Senior Team
- Maintain standards of tuition of practical elements and when delivering activities, be always responsible for group safety and welfare
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes, values and behaviour which are expected of students
- Have high expectations of behaviour, promoting self-control and independence of all learners
- Deliver all activities, in line with the standards required in the Company’s standard operating procedures and local operating procedures
- Comply with health and safety/operating policies and procedures
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people, raising any concerns following protocol/procedures
- As directed by the Senior Team, ensure that clients and staff are aware of and follow our safety procedures and policies
- Adhere to feedback from ongoing monitoring and evaluation given by superiors
- As directed by the Senior Team, carry out equipment checks
- Maintain the equipment stores inventory, including monitoring equipment audits, ensuring compliance with industry regulations and equipment manufacturer guidelines
- Carry out basic maintenance and equipment repairs, or dispatch faulty equipment to manufacturers for repair (as appropriate)
- General centre duties such as assisting in the kitchen, cleaning tents and toilet and wash facilities
- First Aid Certificate
- Although not essential, if you have any NGB qualifications in the activities we deliver, this would be a distinct
- Experience of working as an instructor and delivering outdoor activities
- Sports Leadership, Sports Coaching and Outdoor Instructor experience
- Ability to evaluate, reflect and continually improve
- Commitment to personal career development
- Motivated & enthusiastic
- Approachable and welcoming
- Organised, efficient and punctual
- Professional appearance
- Flexible & hardworking