Assistant Activity Instructor
Job Role Summary
Rockley are excited to be offering opportunities for motivated, enthusiastic, and driven individuals to take on the Assistant Activity Instructor role at our Buddens outdoor adventure centre. Based in the heart of the Purbecks, Buddens is a hidden gem providing a variety of exciting and exhilarating activities.
As an Assistant Activity Instructor with Rockley, you will work closely with the Activity Team to provide high quality instruction in a variety of activities.
Our staff are at the centre of everything Rockley does, and as a member of the team, you will play a crucial part in ensuring all our customers have a fantastic and memorable experience during their time with us.
So, whether you have seasons of experience or are looking for your first step into the world of adventure, Rockley could be just what you are looking for!
- No Qualifications necessary
- Full training provided
- Up to £11.44 per hour
- Entry Level role
- Varied Role
- Flexible Contracts
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Assist in providing a high standard of instruction to all our students.
- Assist in Instructing in a variety of activities under the supervision of the Senior Team.
- General centre duties such as assisting in the kitchen, cleaning tents and toilet and wash facilities.
- Deliver evening entertainment activities as directed by the Senior Team.
- Maintain standards of tuition of practical elements and when delivering activities, be always responsible for group safety and welfare.
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes, values and behaviour which are expected of students.
- Have high expectations of behaviour, promoting self-control and independence of all learners.
- Assist in delivering activities, in line with the standards required in the Company’s standard operating procedures and local operating procedures.
- Comply with health and safety/operating policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people, raising any concerns following protocol/procedures.
- As directed by the Senior Team, ensure that clients and staff are aware of and follow our safety procedures and policies.
- Adhere to feedback from ongoing monitoring and evaluation given by superiors.
- As directed by the Senior Team, carry out equipment checks.
- Maintain the equipment stores inventory, including monitoring equipment audits, ensuring compliance with industry regulations and equipment manufacturer guidelines.
- Carry out basic maintenance and equipment repairs, or dispatch faulty equipment to manufacturers for repair (as appropriate)
Experience, Skills & Abilities Required
- NO FORMAL INSTRUCTOR QUAIFICATIONS NEEDED – FULL TRANIING CAN BE GIVEN TO THE RIGTH CANDIDATE.
- Ideally you will have experience working in a team environment
- The flexibility to work in a diverse and dynamic role
- Experience working in an activity centre environment preferred
- Ability to motivate
- Flexible & professional manner
- The desire to provide good customer service
- A drive to want to progress and learn
- FULL TRAINING CAN BE GIVEN TO THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
- Competitive salary based on 37-40 hours per week, paid on a 4-weekly basis
- 5-day working week / 6-day in peak season
- Accommodation available at a rate of £63.70 per week
- All meals included
- Uniform provided
- Use of any available equipment in your spare time
- 30% staff discount in our onsite shop / café
- The opportunity to work in a diverse environment
- The opportunity to further develop your skills
- You will meet like-minded people and make friends for life
- We will make every effort to ensure you enjoy your season working with Rockley
- Discounts available for family members subject to T&Cs