Location: Poole, Dorset
Reports to: Head of Education
Start date: 3rd September 2018
Salary: £22,000 to £30,000 pa – DOE
Closing Date: 11th June 2018 (Midnight)
Working Pattern: 42 weeks / Monday to Friday 08.30 to 17:30 including Parents Evenings, Open Days on an adhoc basis
Interviews to be held: 18th – 22nd June 2018
Rockley Academy is part of the Rockley group, established in 1976 and a UK Limited company. We are the UK’s premier provider of watersports training and holidays with 2 UK training centres located on the shores of Poole Harbour in Dorset on England’s south coast and 3 outdoor adventure centres located in southwest France.
With a clear vision for the education provision, we are ambitious for our staff and students and are looking to appoint a new member to the BTEC delivery team that demonstrates energy, enthusiasm and commitment to offering our students the best possible experience. We welcome applications from enthusiastic and versatile teachers who are able to inspire our students to reach their potential and exceed expectations.
Our unique BTEC Level 3 Sport (Outdoor Adventure) programme is based at a working watersports centre on the shores of Poole Harbour where the classroom really is the beach! The programme has 110 students registered across the 2 years and is tailor made to enable students to build a career in the outdoors industry specialising in watersports. With residentials being a key part of the programme, our students make use of our centres in France, experiencing a week of instruction at the start of the course and later returning for a month of Work Experience. They also take part in a course ski trip and numerous expeditions throughout their programme, all the time with the focus on developing knowledge and gaining professional instructor qualifications which are embedded in to the course.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Teach a variety of modules within the BTEC Level 3 Sport (Outdoor Adventure) course
- Lead, inspire and support learners with a variety of student needs
- Provide effective feedback to suport learners to ensure their development achievement
- Provide ideas and contribute to the design, delivery, future planning and development of the curriculum whilst maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge
- Organise and participate in relevant visits, field trips and overnight residentials
- Act as a Rockley representative at parents' evenings, taster days, open days and careers or education conventions and fairs
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified at degree level in Sport / Physical Education / Outdoor Adventure or a related subject, and in possession of an appropriate teaching qualification (e.g. PGCE or equivalent)
- Up-to-date subject knowledge and recent experience of teaching Sport / Physical Education / Outdoor Adventure or related subject at Advanced level
- Ability to deliver a high standard of teaching, learning and assessment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with students, colleagues and parents.
- Flexible / can do attitude to work
- A full UK driving licence
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Watersports / Outdoor Experience and Qualifications in Windsurfing, Sailing, SUP, Kayaking, Surfing, Kite Surfing, Mountain Biking, Climbing etc
- Experience teaching Maths & English and ability to promote high standards of literacy, numeracy and ICT.
|Educational Experience|| || |
|Teaching Experience|| || |
|Key Skills & Personal Qualities|| || |
|Motivation for role|| |
|Other Factors|| |